Friday, November 14, 2008

My Teeth Hurt!

Well I did it. I got my wisdom teeth out today. It wasn't so bad. The dentist was really nice. He is LDS and he new TONS of Rhotons and was friends with them all, so we talked about that for awhile. He also knew people from Thatcher and Kayenta. I was really glad my friend Terra recommended him. I had to get an IV which I wasn't too excited about, but it didn't hurt like a hospital one, luckily! The only real problem I had was they had laughing gas for me to breath in and I did not like it! The monitors were going crazy and the nurse or whatever she was kept asking if I was okay. I said, "why am I dying." I really thought that's what was happening because of the crazy monitors, but she said it was just becuase of my facial expressoins. She said they put people on the laughing gas to help them relaxe, but it sure wasn't helping me. So she switched it to oxygen and then I felt like I couldn't breath, so she just took it off. I was happy about that. It all went good, I'm not very swollen, but I might be in a few days. The numbness went away, but I wish it didn't because now they hurt! But I'm glad they're out now and I won't have problems with them again! Yay!

2 comments:

Spencer and Mallory said...

I'm glad to hear you survived! I had mine out a few years ago and it was the best experience! I built it up so much to be this horrible experience and ended up eating lasagna that same night. My mom said I should have to get them out again and experience it like everyone else has to. The IV was the part I was most worried about too and the fact that I had never had any kind of surgery, stitches, or been put under..anyways, I'm glad your doing good!

MeganHowell said...

ah! i hated that! but i didnt really function for the first 3 days afterwards, cause the meds knocked me out sooo bad, so far youre handling it much better than me girl! get well soon!!!