Tuesday, August 25, 2009

One year

It's been one year since Madison and McKenzie were born. I wondered how I would feel when it had been a year. I wondered if I would be sad, but I'm not. I know they are in a better place and that everything happened for a reason. I know that we will see them again and get to raise them. I just hope we never have to go through that again.

To celebrate their birthdays we had a party in Thatcher with both of our families that could make it. My dad bought some rock to spread over their graves. So we spent an hour at the cemetery cleaning up and spreading rock. I think it turned out really good! Then we ate pulled pork sandwiches with Jory's dad's homemade BBQ sauce. I'm glad everyone that could make it came and helped! Thanks!




Melissa working hard


Daya saying "cheese"




5 comments:

Green's said...

Wow, I can't believe it's been a year! You are so positive, and blessed to be expecting again.

Jeremy.Celeste said...

Oh, how you guys have been in our pryers around this time. What a treat to have some of the family there and to especially get some good bbq sauce....:) You guys are such special parents to those sweet little girls. Our hearts and prayers continue to be with you while you are going thru this pregnancy. We are so happy for you guys. We miss you and so wish we could of been there.....:) One day we will be closer to the Rhoton family. We love you guys.

MeganHowell said...

you're incredible chani.

Brooke said...

We really wish we could have been there, guys. So sorry we couldn't make it. The stomach flu really hit us hard at the end of last week, but we all seem to be fully recovered now. Good job at the cemetary- it looks great!

Whitney XOXO said...

what a great way to celebrate your little angels. Congrats on this baby! Sounds like everything is going well so far! :)