Thursday, December 3, 2009

Another hospital visit

I have decided I might only have one kid. I really don't like being pregnant and apparently neither does my body. I ended in the hospital yesterday. For the past couple of days I haven't been feeling very good. I was having a lot of contractions and anytime I stood up I just hurt everywhere, especially my cervix. I thought it was really thinning out. So I called the doctor yesterday morning and they told me to go straight to OB. As soon as I got there they hooked my up to the contraction monitor, took my blood, gave me 2 shots of trebutaline, gave me an IV to hydrate me, and gave me an ultrasound. Luckily my cervix is still okay, I just have a really bad yeast infection. That's what was causing me all the pain. Since I have a foreign object inside me (my cerclage stitch) it causes bacteria and all kinds of other things to grow inside me. It's really annoying that something that's supposed to help me is causing me so many problems. So after 7 hours in the hospital they let me come home because everything looked okay. I just need to hold off having a baby for another 2 1/2 weeks. If not they will fly me to Tucson and I really don't want to pay for that!

My brother Derek left on his mission yesterday. I really am proud of him. Not only for making the right decision and being worthy to go, but by proving all the doctors wrong who said he wouldn't be able to leave December 2nd. It was sad to see him go, but I'm glad he was able too.

4 comments:

Taylor Family said...

I'm so glad you're ok! Pregnancy is hard but I promise when you have your baby you'll forget a lot about how hard it was. Good Luck! You'll be in our prayers!

Anonymous said...

Oh no! That darn cerclage sounds miserable! Hang in there! =)

Devin and Andrea Hatch said...

Hopefully your other pregnancy's will be better than this one. I'm glad to hear that everything is going okay so far! You're almost there! Hang in there!

Casey and McKelle said...

Hi Chani, I just wanted to say hi and that I hope all continues to go well with the rest of your pregnancy! Thanks for your example of being so strong! :)