Sunday, December 20, 2009

36 weeks...finally!

Well I ended up in the hospital again. But this time I'll leave with a baby. All week I have been having a lot of cramps. I told the doctor on Wednesday and he said that was normal, so I thought it was. On Friday it started getting a lot worse. I just wanted to lay around with a heating pad. So I decided to call the doctor. He told me they were contractions and the I needed to come to the hospital right away. I had no clue the cramps were contractions. I had never felt contractions like that. When I got to the hospital I was having contractions every 3 minutes, but they finally stopped them completely a few hours later. I was dilated to 1 1/2 so the doctor wanted to send me to Tucson because I wasn't 36 weeks yet (I was 35 and 5 days)and they can't take care of babies under 36 weeks here. Luckily he didn't. He just wanted me to make it until Sunday, which I did. Now I just have to make it to Tuesday and he will cut my cerclage and we will have a baby! We're pretty excited. Jory came down yesterday morning because Dr. Tran thought I was having the baby real soon. I told him my husband was 7 hours away and he said tell him to get here right away. Now I'm doing really good. And only 2 more days until we have our baby girl! I won't post a picture because I'm really swollen. They were giving me fluid in an IV and I was retaining it all. I gained 15 pounds in 4 days. This morning I didn't have ankles and could barely bend my legs. They took me off the fluid now and the swelling is finally going down, but I still look pretty disgusting! Hopefully it keeps getting better because I hate looking like a blimp!

5 comments:

Taylor Family said...

AWESOME!! well that you only have two more days! Hope everything goes smoothly for you and am really excited to see pictures of you little bundle of joy!

Too Legit to Quit! said...

Boy your pregnancies are very eventful!!! I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to see pictures of your little one!! Good luck

Autumn Fauver said...

Oh man I'm so sorry that the swelling is so bad! I had preclampsia and I was so swollen it looked like I had twenty more pounds on me than I actually did and it hurtt to walk or move sometimes. I'm so excited for you and your baby! good luck with everyhting and make sure that when you do have you little angel that you keep in close contact with the doctor sense the baby will be a bit early :) & may the lord bless you and your family at this special time :)

Autumn and Joel Fauver

Devin and Andrea Hatch said...

That's no fun to be swollen and not be able to do anything about it! Good luck with everything! Your baby will be here with you before you know it!

Lindsay said...

You made it!!!! Great job!! You will be holding you new baby girl before you know it...Love you